We ask all members of the JBY community to be mindful of the Yogi Guide below so that each student will enjoy a peaceful and safe yoga practice. We look forward to practicing yoga together.
-- Namaste, JBY
Arriving for class...
- If you are new to JBY, welcome! Please sign the New Student forms before class.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your first class. This will give you ample time to settle in, place your mat, and store your belongings. DO NOT BE LATE or we'll see you at the next class!
- Sign in at the front desk before entering the studio.
- Remove your shoes in the lobby before entering the yoga studio.
- Leave cell phones, keys, shoes, bags in the lobby. Lockers and shoe cubbies are provided to store belongings (locks not provided).
- If you are injured, pregnant, or have other medical conditions, please notify the yoga teacher before class. This helps the teacher assist you and provide modifications.
What to wear, what to bring ...
- Dress in comfortable work-out clothing. Wearing clothing designed to dry sweat will improve your experience.
- Bring a yoga mat, and water to hydrate. If you do not own a yoga mat, JBY has rental mats and water for $2 each.
- Respect the other yoga students and the studio by maintaining good hygiene, bathing, and wearing clean clothes. Please do not wear scents like perfume or cologne.
- We have 2 showers. Bring a towel, or JBY has rental towels for $2.
- Stay for the whole class & enjoy the benefits of your practice in savasana. If you need to leave early, please let the teacher know before class and pick a spot near the door. Please leave before savasana to be mindful of the other students.
- JBY recommends not to eat 2-3 hours before your yoga practice.
- JBY recommends arriving to class early as the studio has space for a about 30 students per class, and evening classes are very popular. Students are admitted to class on a first-come, first-served basis.