New to Yoga
New Student Guide
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. Always check in at the front desk.
- Practice on an empty stomach. Do not eat 1-2 hours prior to yoga practice. Juice or fruit are OK if you need quick energy before class. Drink plenty of water to hydrate before and after practice.
- Bring a yoga mat, a towel to wipe sweat or shower, and bring water to hydrate.
- Respect yourself and others by arriving clean and bathed, with no heavy perfume or cologne.
- Dress appropriately. Wear comfortable, form-fitting workout clothing. Layers help to adjust for temperature changes during and after class.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Leave your shoes in the shoe area before entering the lobby. This preserves the sacred nature of the studio space.
- Turn off your cell phone. This enhances your experience and is a polite gesture to your fellow students.
- Notify the teacher of injuries or medical conditions. This helps the teacher know how to assist you and give you modifications.
- Practice often. 4-6 times per week for maximum benefit. 2-3 times per week will show improvement for most students within three months.
- Respect and treat the studio space as your sanctuary.
- Lastly, enjoy a peaceful and life changing experience.